Orist tourism and travel guide
Visit Orist: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Orist is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 61 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Orist is 640 kilometres from Paris).
Orist, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Orist in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Orist
Markets in and near Orist
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (7km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (10km)
- Peyrehorade: market Wednesday & Saturday (12km)
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (13km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (14km)
- Seignosse: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday (17km)
- Soustons: market Monday & Thursday - seasonal market only (18km)
- Capbreton: market every day except Monday (20km)
- Hossegor: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (20km)
- Labenne: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (21km)
More information about Orist, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Orist, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Orist.
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (16km)
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (54km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Parc du Sarrat (12km)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (36km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (29km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (18km)
- Courant de Huchet (30km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (33km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Orist
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 61 km
from Paris: 640 km
from Calais: 844 km
from Nice: 679 km
from Bordeaux: 141 km
from Strasbourg: 880 km
Orist is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Orist from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Angoume, Belus, Josse, Pey, Riviere-Saas-et-Gourby, Saint-Etienne-d'Orthe, Saint-Geours-de-Maremne, Saint-Lon-les-Mines, Saubusse, Siest and Tercis-les-Bains.
This page in French: Visiter Orist