Monsegur tourism and travel guide
Visit Monsegur: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The bastide town of Monsegur, in the Dropt Valley, has a substantial part of its original fortifications intact
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Monsegur. For detailed visitor information see the Monsegur travel guide.
Monsegur is situated in the Gironde department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 56 kilometres from Bordeaux, the department capital (general information: Monsegur is 499 kilometres from Paris).
Monsegur, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Monsegur in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Gironde
Map of places to visit near Monsegur
Markets in and near Monsegur
- Duras: market Thursday - seasonal market only (9km)
- Duras: market Saturday & Monday (9km)
- Miramont-de-Guyenne: market Friday - seasonal market only (23km)
- Miramont-de-Guyenne: market Monday (23km)
- Castillon-la-Bataille: market Monday (25km)
- Eymet: market Thursday (25km)
- Langon: market Sunday & Friday (29km)
- Branne: market Thursday & Saturday (29km)
- Grignols: market Wednesday (31km)
- Cadillac: market Saturday (31km)
More information about Monsegur, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Monsegur, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Monsegur.
- Saint-Emilion (33km)
- Bazas cathédrale St Jean Baptist (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
- La Sauve Majeure abbaye (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (34km)
- La Sauve église St Pierre (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (34km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Collégiale et chapelle de la Trinité (Saint-Emilion) (33km)
- Eglise de Saint Pierre (Petit-Palais-et-Cornemps) (39km)
- Eglise de Sainte Livrade (Sainte-Livrade-sur-Lot) (49km)
- Jardins de Beauchamp (17km)
- Jardin du cloître Notre-Dame (17km)
- Jardins du Sardy (23km)
- Parc et potager de Pouthet (25km)
- Jardins du château de Malle (31km)
- Jardins du château de Mongenan (41km)
- Jardins du château de Vayres (42km)
- Parc du château de Grenade (44km)
- Ets Latour-Marliac (46km)
- Jardin du Fond de l’or (48km)
- Jardins du château de Montréal (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Bergerac (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Monsegur
from Bordeaux (prefecture): 56 km
from Paris: 499 km
from Calais: 713 km
from Nice: 583 km
from Bordeaux: 56 km
from Strasbourg: 730 km
Monsegur is in the south-west of France. Most visitors will fly into Bordeaux airport (or Bergerac) while drivers should allow 7-8 hours driving time from the ports at Le Havre or Cherbourg. For driving distances to Monsegur from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Baleyssagues, Cours-de-Monsegur, Coutures, Dieulivol, Le Puy, Neuffons, Rimons, Roquebrune, Saint-Ferme, Saint-Geraud, Saint-Vivien-de-Monsegur, Sainte-Colombe-de-Duras, Sainte-Gemme and Taillecavat.
This page in French: Visiter Monsegur