Meung-sur-Loire tourism and travel guide
Visit Meung-sur-Loire: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Meung sur Loire is a pretty medieval village near Orleans.
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Meung-sur-Loire. For detailed visitor information see the Meung-sur-Loire travel guide.
Meung-sur-Loire is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 18 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Meung-sur-Loire is 124 kilometres from Paris).
Attractions in Meung-sur-Loire
The Jardins de Roquelin is a pretty rose garden in the Loire Valley.: Les Jardins de Roquelin
Meung-sur-Loire, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Meung-sur-Loire in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Meung-sur-Loire
Markets in and near Meung-sur-Loire
Market days in Meung-sur-Loire: weekly market: Sunday;
- Meung-sur-Loire: market Sunday (0km)
- Beaugency: market Saturday all day (7km)
- Saint-Laurent-Nouan: market Friday (14km)
- Ouzouer-le-Marche: market Friday (16km)
- Orleans: market every day except Monday (18km)
- Mer: market Monday (19km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais: market Tuesday & Sunday (20km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (22km)
- Marchenoir: market Tuesday (22km)
- Montlivault: market Tuesday (28km)
More information about Meung-sur-Loire, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Meung-sur-Loire, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Meung-sur-Loire.
- Talcy Chateau (20km)
- Fougeres-sur-Bievre Chateau (50km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Les prés-Culand (0km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (18km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (20km)
- Roseraie des terrasses de l’évêché (38km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (40km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (43km)
- Domaine régional de Chaumont-sur-Loire (55km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Blois (38km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (18km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Olivet (16km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (16km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (20km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (21km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (49km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Meung-sur-Loire
from Orleans (prefecture): 18 km
from Paris: 124 km
from Calais: 347 km
from Nice: 630 km
from Bordeaux: 375 km
from Strasbourg: 456 km
Meung-sur-Loire is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Meung-sur-Loire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Meung-sur-Loire