Beaugency tourism and travel guide
Visit Beaugency: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: A small town on the banks of the Loire River, Beaugency squeezes a remarkable number of interesting sights in a small space!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Beaugency. For detailed visitor information see the Beaugency travel guide.
Beaugency is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 25 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Beaugency is 131 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Beaugency include "recommended detour".
Beaugency, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Beaugency in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Beaugency
Markets in and near Beaugency
Market days in Beaugency: weekly market: Saturday all day;
- Beaugency: market Saturday all day (0km)
- Saint-Laurent-Nouan: market Friday (7km)
- Meung-sur-Loire: market Sunday (7km)
- Mer: market Monday (12km)
- Ouzouer-le-Marche: market Friday (16km)
- Marchenoir: market Tuesday (18km)
- Montlivault: market Tuesday (20km)
- Saint-Claude-de-Diray: market Tuesday & Friday (24km)
- Huisseau-sur-Cosson: market Wednesday (24km)
- La Ferte-Saint-Aubin: market Thursday (25km)
More information about Beaugency, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Beaugency, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Beaugency.
- Talcy Chateau (13km)
- Fougeres-sur-Bievre Chateau (42km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chateaudun (39km)
- Les prés-Culand (8km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (13km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (25km)
- Roseraie des terrasses de l’évêché (30km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (32km)
- Domaine régional de Chaumont-sur-Loire (47km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (50km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Blois (30km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Olivet (23km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (24km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (27km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (28km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (50km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Beaugency
from Orleans (prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 131 km
from Calais: 353 km
from Nice: 630 km
from Bordeaux: 368 km
from Strasbourg: 463 km
Beaugency is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Beaugency from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Beaugency