Conques tourism and travel guide
Visit Conques: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Best known for its abbey and a s a pilgrimage destination, the beautiful village of Conques is a highlight of any visit to Aveyron
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Conques. For detailed visitor information see the Conques travel guide.
Conques is situated in the Aveyron department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the southern-centre of France at 31 kilometres from Rodez, the department capital (general information: Conques is 473 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Conques include "most beautiful village".
Conques, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Conques in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aveyron
Map of places to visit near Conques
Markets in and near Conques
- Firmi: market Saturday (9km)
- Decazeville: market Tuesday & Friday (12km)
- Cransac: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (12km)
- Aubin: market Wednesday & Friday (14km)
- Entraygues: market Tuesday & Wednesday - seasonal market only (14km)
- Entraygues: market Friday & (14km)
- Maurs: market Thursday (20km)
- Figeac: market Saturday (29km)
- Espalion: market Friday (30km)
- Rodez: market Wednesday & Saturday (31km)
More information about Conques, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Conques, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Conques.
- Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Estaing pont sur le Lot (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (22km)
- Figeac Hopital St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
- Gréalou dolmen de Pech-Laglaire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Assier Chateau (42km)
- Chateau Montal (51km)
- Castelnau-Bretenoux Chateau (56km)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (61km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (20km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Tindoul de la Vayssière (23km)
- Trou de Bozouls (29km)
- Gorges de l'Aveyron (51km)
Towns of Art and history
Geography and distances
Distance to Conques
from Rodez (prefecture): 31 km
from Paris: 473 km
from Calais: 707 km
from Nice: 401 km
from Bordeaux: 236 km
from Strasbourg: 603 km
For driving distances to Conques from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Conques