Le Don du Fel, Aveyron visitors guide
Visit Le Don du Fel, FrancePhoto Gallery
Le Don du Fel is is a striking pottery and gallery near to the village of Le Fel and about 11km from Entraygues Sur Truyere. It is set in the beautiful countryside of the Aveyron.
Your visit to Le Don du Fel
As you approach the building the first thing you notice is the striking copper cylinders that rise up from the surrounding countryside and have been designed to look like a cluster of pots fresh from the potters wheel.
The building itself was selected by the World Architectural Forum as one of its 50 most beautiful cultural projects in the World in 2008, and stands in dramatic and beautiful contrast to the surounding landscapes.
Inside, the team creates the wonderful 'Poterie du Don' kitchenware products in its distinctive salt-glazed stoneware. Started by Suzy Atkins this kitchenware is popular with restaurants and homes throughout France and elsewhere in the world.
Suzy Atkins now has an international reputation in contemporary ceramics and whilst her team concentrate on the Poterie du Don products she concentrates on her own designer range. These have been exhibited throughout the world and gained various prizes.
The Gallery du Don is also an exhibition centre. There are six different exhibitions each year and each summer the Festival Europeen de Sculpture takes place here and attracts visitors from throughout Europe. Recent exhibitors included Claire Curneen, Emmanuel Peccatte, Peter Beard and Christiane Wilhelm.
We can highly recommend a visit!
Le Don du Fel is open every day 10.00 - 18.00 (13.30 April to September) except weekends when it is closed for lunch from April to September and closed all morning during the rest of the year.
Map of Le Don du Fel and places nearby
Visit near Le Don du Fel with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aveyron
Plan your visit to Le Don du Fel, Aveyron
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (11 km)
- Conques: most beautiful village (11 km)
- Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (11 km)
- Estaing: most beautiful village (17 km)
- Estaing pont sur le Lot (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (17 km)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier: remarkable garden (24 km)
- Tindoul de la Vayssière: site of natural beauty (25 km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (25 km)
- Trou de Bozouls: site of natural beauty (26 km)
- Saint-Come-d'Olt: most beautiful village (29 km)
- Belcastel: most beautiful village (33 km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (34 km)
Market days in Le Don du Fel, France
Regular market(s) are held in Le Don du Fel each Friday &.
A seasonal market is held in Le Don du Fel on Tuesday & Wednesday. (Markets are held in the morning unless stated.)
The French version of this page is at Le Don du Fel (Francais)