Aubigny-sur-Nere tourism and travel guide
Visit Aubigny-sur-Nere: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: It is the multi-turreted castle and the Scottish connection that explain the popularity of Aubigny-sur-Nère
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Aubigny-sur-Nere. For detailed visitor information see the Aubigny-sur-Nere travel guide.
Aubigny-sur-Nere is situated in the Cher department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the center of France at 45 kilometres from Bourges, the department capital (general information: Aubigny-sur-Nere is 152 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Aubigny-sur-Nere include "ville fleurie 4*".
Aubigny-sur-Nere, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Aubigny-sur-Nere in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cher
Map of places to visit near Aubigny-sur-Nere
Markets in and near Aubigny-sur-Nere
Market days in Aubigny-sur-Nere: weekly market: Saturday all day;
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market Saturday all day (0km)
- Vailly-sur-Sauldre: market Friday (16km)
- Henrichemont: market Wednesday (22km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market Thursday (26km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Briare: market Friday (28km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market Wednesday (29km)
- Salbris: market Thursday & Saturday (30km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (31km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (31km)
More information about Aubigny-sur-Nere, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Aubigny-sur-Nere, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Aubigny-sur-Nere.
- Palace Jacques Coeur (45km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (37km)
- St Aignan de Brinay (Brinay) (42km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (40km)
- Les Prés Fichaux (45km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (45km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (55km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bourges (45km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (22km)
- Briare (28km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (52km)
- Olivet (58km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Aubigny-sur-Nere
from Bourges (prefecture): 45 km
from Paris: 152 km
from Calais: 387 km
from Nice: 564 km
from Bordeaux: 375 km
from Strasbourg: 413 km
Aubigny-sur-Nere is in the center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris and rent a car or drive from one of the channel ports such as Caen or Le Havre, a drive af about 2-3 hours. For driving distances to Aubigny-sur-Nere from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Oizon.
This page in French: Visiter Aubigny-sur-Nere