Vendome tourism and travel guide
Visit Vendome: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Now listed as a 'town of art and history', Vendome retains many monuments from its active past despite extensive wartime damage
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Vendome. For detailed visitor information see the Vendome travel guide.
Vendome is situated in the Loir-et-Cher department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 30 kilometres from Blois, the department capital (general information: Vendome is 150 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Vendome include "town of art and history" and "ville fleurie 4*".
Vendome, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vendome in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loir-et-Cher
Map of places to visit near Vendome
Markets in and near Vendome
- Saint-Ouen: market Wednesday (1km)
- Pezou: market Thursday (9km)
- Montoire-sur-le-Loir: market Saturday (17km)
- Oucques: market Wednesday (17km)
- Savigny-sur-Braye: market Tuesday (21km)
- Herbault: market Monday (23km)
- Mondoubleau: market Saturday & Monday all day (24km)
- Marchenoir: market Tuesday (24km)
- Besse-sur-Braye: market Saturday (24km)
- Cloyes-sur-le-Loir: market Saturday (25km)
More information about Vendome, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Vendome, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vendome.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Lavardin (15km)
- Talcy Chateau (28km)
- Fougeres-sur-Bievre Chateau (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Jardin du domaine de Sasnières (14km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (28km)
- Roseraie des terrasses de l’évêché (30km)
- Jardins du château de Poncé (31km)
- Domaine régional de Chaumont-sur-Loire (37km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (38km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Valmer (42km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cogners (32km)
- Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire (54km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Réserve de Beaumarchais (32km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vendome
from Blois (prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 150 km
from Calais: 354 km
from Nice: 662 km
from Bordeaux: 353 km
from Strasbourg: 502 km
Vendome is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris or arrive from a ferry port such as caen or Le Havre, approx. 3-4 hours drive. For driving distances to Vendome from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Areines, Aze, Coulommiers-la-Tour, Lisle, Marcilly-en-Beauce, Meslay, Naveil, Roce, Saint-Firmin-Des-Pres, Saint-Ouen, Sainte-Anne and Villerable.
This page in French: Visiter Vendome