Saint Jean de Luz tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint Jean de Luz: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: A long established beach resort, Saint-Jean-de-Luz also has a lively and popular town centre to explore
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saint Jean de Luz. For detailed visitor information see the Saint Jean de Luz travel guide.
Saint Jean de Luz is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 105 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Saint Jean de Luz is 682 kilometres from Paris).
Saint Jean de Luz, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint Jean de Luz in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Saint Jean de Luz
Markets in and near Saint Jean de Luz
Market days in Saint Jean de Luz: weekly market: Tuesday & Saturday & Friday;
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Ciboure: market Sunday (1km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (4km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (8km)
- Hendaye: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (10km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (16km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (16km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (19km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (20km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (21km)
More information about Saint Jean de Luz, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Saint Jean de Luz, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint Jean de Luz.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (21km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (19km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (32km)
- Vallée des Aldudes (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (16km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint Jean de Luz
from Pau (prefecture): 105 km
from Paris: 682 km
from Calais: 881 km
from Nice: 720 km
from Bordeaux: 183 km
from Strasbourg: 927 km
Saint Jean de Luz is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Saint Jean de Luz from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Saint Jean de Luz