Ciboure tourism and travel guide
Visit Ciboure: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Once home to Maurice Ravel, Ciboure is a smal port and resort just south of Saint-Jean-de-Luz
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Ciboure. For detailed visitor information see the Ciboure travel guide.
Ciboure is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 105 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Ciboure is 682 kilometres from Paris).
Ciboure, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Ciboure in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Ciboure
Markets in and near Ciboure
Market days in Ciboure: weekly market: Sunday;
- Ciboure: market Sunday (0km)
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (1km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (4km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (9km)
- Hendaye: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (9km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (16km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (17km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (20km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (21km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (22km)
More information about Ciboure, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Ciboure, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Ciboure.
- Bayonne cathédrale de Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (22km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (20km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (33km)
- Vallée des Aldudes (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (16km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Ciboure
from Pau (prefecture): 105 km
from Paris: 682 km
from Calais: 882 km
from Nice: 721 km
from Bordeaux: 183 km
from Strasbourg: 928 km
Ciboure is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Ciboure from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Ciboure