Moustiers tourism and travel guide
Visit Moustiers: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The setting of Moustiers-Sainte-Marie below steep cliffs and the lively historic centre make Moustiers-Sainte-Marie one of our favourite villages in France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Moustiers. For detailed visitor information see the Moustiers travel guide.
Moustiers is situated in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 28 kilometres from Digne-les-Bains, the department capital (general information: Moustiers is 631 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Moustiers include "most beautiful village".
Moustiers, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Moustiers in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Alpes-de-Haute-Provence
Map of places to visit near Moustiers
Markets in and near Moustiers
Market days in Moustiers: weekly market: Friday;
- Moustiers: market Friday (0km)
- Riez: market Wednesday & Saturday (11km)
- Valensole: market Saturday (19km)
- Castellane: market Saturday (23km)
- Aups: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Oraison: market Tuesday (26km)
- Saint-Andre-les-Alpes: market Wednesday & Saturday (26km)
- Digne-les-Bains: market Wednesday (27km)
- Les Mees: market Friday (28km)
- Greoux-les-Bains: market Thursday (29km)
More information about Moustiers, Provence
Tourist attractions near Moustiers, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Moustiers.
Grand sites of France
- Gorges du Verdon (17km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Thoronet Abbey (43km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Sisteron (44km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Verdon (8km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Prieuré Notre Dame (Ganagobie) (30km)
- Abbaye du Thoronet (Le Thoronet) (45km)
- Clos de Villeneuve (19km)
- Jardins du château de Sauvan (38km)
- Jardins du prieuré de Salagon (38km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Sainte-Croix (10km)
- Lac de Quinson (22km)
- Lac d'Esparron (24km)
- Barrage de Castillon (26km)
- Lac de Castillon (26km)
- Barrage de Gréoux (26km)
- Barrage de Chaudanne (26km)
- Embouchure - Verdon (40km)
- Verdon (rivière) (41km)
- Clue de Barles (43km)
- Lac d'Allos (58km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Fréjus (58km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Moustiers
from Digne-les-Bains (prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 631 km
from Calais: 855 km
from Nice: 86 km
from Bordeaux: 552 km
from Strasbourg: 540 km
Moustiers is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice or Marseille airport. Driving is also possible - by car from Calais the drive takes about 11 hours. For driving distances to Moustiers from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Saint-Jurs.
This page in French: Visiter Moustiers