Montsoreau tourism and travel guide
Visit Montsoreau: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Montsoreau, listed as a 'most beautiful villages in France', also has an interesting troglodyte vilage to explore
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montsoreau. For detailed visitor information see the Montsoreau travel guide.
Montsoreau is situated in the Maine-et-Loire department and Pays de la Loire region, in the western-centre of France at 54 kilometres from Angers, the department capital (general information: Montsoreau is 250 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Montsoreau include "most beautiful village".
Montsoreau, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montsoreau in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Maine-et-Loire
Map of places to visit near Montsoreau
Markets in and near Montsoreau
Market days in Montsoreau: weekly market: Sunday;
- Montsoreau: market Sunday (0km)
- Avoine: market Friday (10km)
- Bourgueil: market Tuesday & Saturday (11km)
- Saumur: market Wednesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (11km)
- Chinon: market Thursday all day & Sunday (15km)
- Montreuil-Bellay: market Tuesday (18km)
- Longue-Jumelles: market Thursday (22km)
- Loudun: market Tuesday (23km)
- Doue-la-Fontaine: market Monday (25km)
- Langeais: market Sunday (30km)
More information about Montsoreau, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Montsoreau, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montsoreau.
- Aquarium de Loudun (22km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Montreuil-Bellay (18km)
- Loudun (23km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Loire-Anjou-Touraine (4km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Collegiale Church (Candes-Saint-Martin) (2km)
- Abbaye Notre Dame de Fontevraud (Fontevraud Abbey) (3km)
- Prieuré de Notre-Dame de Cunault (Chenehutte-Treves-Cunault) (26km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Chenehutte-Treves-Cunault) (26km)
- Eglise Abbatial de Saint Jouin (Saint-Jouin-de-Marnes) (38km)
- Eglise de Saint Généroux (Saint-Generoux) (39km)
- Eglise abbatiale de Saint Pierre (Airvault) (45km)
- Les jardins du château du Rivau (26km)
- Parc de Lathan (30km)
- Les jardins de la Chatonnière (32km)
- Les jardins du château de Villandry (38km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Towns of Art and history
- Thouars (33km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Aubigne-sur-Layon (39km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Doué-la-Fontaine (27km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montsoreau
from Angers (prefecture): 54 km
from Paris: 250 km
from Calais: 436 km
from Nice: 684 km
from Bordeaux: 269 km
from Strasbourg: 593 km
Montsoreau is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors arrive in a car from one of the ferry terminals - Saint Malo and Caen are most practical, allow around 3-4 hours for the journey. For driving distances to Montsoreau from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Candes-Saint-Martin, Chouze-sur-Loire, Fontevraud l'Abbaye, Parnay, Saint-Germain-sur-Vienne, Savigny-en-Veron, Souzay-Champigny, Turquant and Varennes-sur-Loire.
This page in French: Visiter Montsoreau