Candes-Saint-Martin tourism and travel guide
Visit Candes-Saint-Martin: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In the village of Candes-Saint-Martin, a 'most beautiful village in France', you can see the Vienne river, a medieval collegiale church and a lovely viewpoint
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Candes-Saint-Martin. For detailed visitor information see the Candes-Saint-Martin travel guide.
Candes-Saint-Martin is situated in the Indre-et-Loire department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the eastern-center of France at 51 kilometres from Tours, the department capital (general information: Candes-Saint-Martin is 249 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Candes-Saint-Martin include "most beautiful village".
Candes-Saint-Martin, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Candes-Saint-Martin in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Indre-et-Loire
Map of places to visit near Candes-Saint-Martin
Markets in and near Candes-Saint-Martin
- Montsoreau: market Sunday (2km)
- Avoine: market Friday (8km)
- Bourgueil: market Tuesday & Saturday (10km)
- Saumur: market Wednesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (13km)
- Chinon: market Thursday all day & Sunday (14km)
- Montreuil-Bellay: market Tuesday (20km)
- Loudun: market Tuesday (22km)
- Longue-Jumelles: market Thursday (24km)
- Doue-la-Fontaine: market Monday (27km)
- Langeais: market Sunday (28km)
More information about Candes-Saint-Martin, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Candes-Saint-Martin, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Candes-Saint-Martin.
- Aquarium de Loudun (22km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Montreuil-Bellay (19km)
- Loudun (22km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Loire-Anjou-Touraine (4km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Collegiale Church (Candes-Saint-Martin) (0km)
- Abbaye Notre Dame de Fontevraud (Fontevraud Abbey) (4km)
- Prieuré de Notre-Dame de Cunault (Chenehutte-Treves-Cunault) (27km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Chenehutte-Treves-Cunault) (27km)
- Eglise Abbatial de Saint Jouin (Saint-Jouin-de-Marnes) (38km)
- Eglise de Saint Généroux (Saint-Generoux) (40km)
- Eglise abbatiale de Saint Pierre (Airvault) (46km)
- Les jardins du château du Rivau (24km)
- Parc de Lathan (30km)
- Les jardins de la Chatonnière (30km)
- Les jardins du château de Villandry (36km)
- Les jardins du prieuré de Saint-Cosme (48km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Towns of Art and history
- Thouars (34km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Aubigne-sur-Layon (41km)
- Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire (49km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Doué-la-Fontaine (28km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Candes-Saint-Martin
from Tours (prefecture): 51 km
from Paris: 249 km
from Calais: 435 km
from Nice: 683 km
from Bordeaux: 269 km
from Strasbourg: 592 km
Candes-Saint-Martin is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ports such as Caen and Le Havre (about 3-4 hours drive from here) or fly into Paris and drive south from there. For driving distances to Candes-Saint-Martin from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Chouze-sur-Loire, Couziers, Fontevraud l'Abbaye, Montsoreau, Parnay, Saint-Germain-sur-Vienne, Savigny-en-Veron, Thizay, Turquant and Varennes-sur-Loire.
This page in French: Visiter Candes-Saint-Martin