Montauban tourism and travel guide
Visit Montauban: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The pink houses and ancient arcades ensure that the Place Nationale in Montauban is the highlight in the town
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montauban. For detailed visitor information see the Montauban travel guide.
Montauban is situated in the Tarn-et-Garonne department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south-west of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Tarn-et-Garonne department (general information: Montauban is 543 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Montauban include "secteur sauvegarde" and "town of art and history".
Montauban, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montauban in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn-et-Garonne
Map of places to visit near Montauban
Markets in and near Montauban
Market days in Montauban: weekly market: Wednesday all day & Saturday;
- Montauban: market Wednesday all day & Saturday (0km)
- Saint-Nauphary: market Sunday (8km)
- Montech: market Tuesday (12km)
- Negrepelisse: market Tuesday (15km)
- Lafrancaise: market Wednesday & Sunday (15km)
- Fronton: market Thursday (20km)
- Villemur-sur-Tarn: market Sunday & Saturday (20km)
- Verdun-sur-Garonne: market Friday (21km)
- Grisolles: market Wednesday (22km)
- Caussade: market Monday all day (22km)
More information about Montauban, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Montauban, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montauban.
- Moissac abbatiale St Pierre (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (24km)
- Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
- Canal du Midi (45km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (45km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Gaillac (46km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Maurin (Saint-Maurin) (43km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame (Lacour) (45km)
- Eglise Notre Dame (Frespech) (53km)
- Jardin du Pèlerin (32km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Larra (32km)
- Parc du château de Merville (33km)
- Jardin des Martels (44km)
- Jardins de Quercy (46km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt de Bouconne (43km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cayriech (30km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montauban
from Montauban (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 543 km
from Calais: 772 km
from Nice: 475 km
from Bordeaux: 178 km
from Strasbourg: 706 km
For driving distances to Montauban from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Montauban