Le-Pin, Tarn-et-Garonne tourism & sightseeing
Visit Le-Pin (Midi-Pyrenees, France)Photo Gallery
Le Pin is a quiet village in the Tarn-et-Garonne close to the 'most beautiful village' of Auvillar. It has a beautiful chateau with fairy-tale like spires and an impressive gate-house. These are private and not open for visits.
Exploring Le Pin
The majority of the village runs along a main street with the church on one side and some pretty houses on the other, including some with arcades to the front.
The church is set in a large grassy area planted with trees and bushes adding to the appeal of the village.
A little lower in the village is the Chateau of Saint Roch with a lovely slate roof boasting a number of pointed turrets and giving it a fairy-tale-like appearance. It is built in a Neo-renaissance style.
The castle is private and not able to be visited. It is also quite difficult to see as it is surrounded by large trees, however as you drive down from the village you can get some not bad views of it.
From the village centre if you walk towards the castle on the road at the top of the village you come to the gatehouse of the castle and another lovely building with a stripy pattern built into its brickwork. Surrounding the castle is an English-style park.
Places to Visit Nearby
The 'most beautiful village' of Auvillar is close to Le-Pin. As well as being very attractive Auvillar boasts a very unusual circular market hall.
Saint-Nicolas-de-la-Grave, with its brick-built castle and attractive central square is about 7 km away and of course Moissac with its spectacular cloisters, considered to be one of the most beautiful in the world is just 16km away.
22km to the west is the town of Dunes which was a suprise to me. This must be one of the best kept secrets of Gascony as it receives little publicity and yet has a beautiful medieval centre.
Map of Le-Pin and places nearby
Visit near Le-Pin with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn-et-Garonne
Address: Pin, Auvillar, Castelsarrasin, Midi-Pyrenees, 82340, France || GPS: latitude 44.0361111, longitude 0.9688889
Plan your visit to Le-Pin, Tarn-et-Garonne
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Auvillar: most beautiful village (7 km)
- Moissac abbatiale St Pierre (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (12 km)
- Gramont Chateau: national monument (20 km)
- Abbaye de Saint Maurin (Saint-Maurin): religious monument (20 km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Layrac): religious monument (27 km)
- Lauzerte: most beautiful village (28 km)
- Jardin du Pèlerin: remarkable garden (28 km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame (Lacour): religious monument (29 km)
- Lectoure: recommended detour (30 km)
- Montauban: secteur sauvegarde (31 km)
- Prieuré de Sainte Marie (Moirax): religious monument (31 km)
- Eglise Notre Dame (Frespech): religious monument (33 km)
The French version of this page is at Le-Pin (Francais)