Limoux tourism and travel guide
Visit Limoux: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The small town of Limoux is best visited in late spring to enjoy the Carnival of Limoux, one of the oldest and best known carnivals in France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Limoux. For detailed visitor information see the Limoux travel guide.
Limoux is situated in the Aude department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 21 kilometres from Carcassonne, the department capital (general information: Limoux is 645 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Limoux include "recommended detour".
Limoux, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Limoux in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aude
Map of places to visit near Limoux
Markets in and near Limoux
Market days in Limoux: weekly market: Friday all day;
- Limoux: market Friday all day (0km)
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (13km)
- Quillan: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (21km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (23km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (28km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (28km)
- Lavelanet: market Wednesday & Friday (33km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (36km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market Wednesday (47km)
More information about Limoux, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Limoux, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Limoux.
Grand sites of France
- Carcassonne City (21km)
- Carcassonne (21km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Revel (48km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Sainte Marie de Marcevol (Arboussols) (49km)
- Eglise de Trinité d'Aregno (Aregno) (54km)
- Chapelle de Casenoves (Ille-sur-tet) (54km)
- Parc aux Bambous (39km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cité de Carcassonne (21km)
- Gorges de l'Orbieu (23km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (24km)
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (28km)
- Gorges de Galamus (33km)
- Gouffre de Cabrespine (39km)
- Orgued d'Ille-sur-Tet (54km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Limoux
from Carcassonne (prefecture): 21 km
from Paris: 645 km
from Calais: 878 km
from Nice: 415 km
from Bordeaux: 299 km
from Strasbourg: 749 km
For driving distances to Limoux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cepie, Cournanel, Gaja-et-Villedieu, La Digne-d'Amont, La Digne-d'Aval, Lauraguel, Magrie, Malras, Pauligne, Pieusse, Saint-Martin-de-Villereglan and Tourreilles.
This page in French: Visiter Limoux