Issoudun tourism and travel guide
Visit Issoudun: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: There are few important monuments here in Issoudun, but we enjoyed a stroll around the old town near the 'White Tower'
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Issoudun. For detailed visitor information see the Issoudun travel guide.
Issoudun is situated in the Indre department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the eastern-center of France at 28 kilometres from Chateauroux, the department capital (general information: Issoudun is 214 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Issoudun include "ville fleurie 4*".
Issoudun, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Issoudun in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Indre
Map of places to visit near Issoudun
Markets in and near Issoudun
Market days in Issoudun: weekly market: Saturday all day;
- Issoudun: market Saturday all day (0km)
- Reuilly: market Friday (16km)
- Saint-Florent-sur-Cher: market Friday & (19km)
- Vatan: market Wednesday (20km)
- Gracay: market Thursday (24km)
- Lignieres: market Monday (26km)
- Mehun-sur-Yevre: market Wednesday (28km)
- Chateauroux: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (28km)
- Levroux: market Monday (29km)
- Vierzon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday (31km)
More information about Issoudun, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Issoudun, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Issoudun.
- Neuvy-Saint-Sépulchre collegiale St Etienne (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
- Bouges-le-Chateau Castle (26km)
- Palace Jacques Coeur (34km)
- Bourges Cathedral (34km)
- George Sand House (36km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- St Aignan de Brinay (Brinay) (27km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Ineuil) (29km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Plaimpied-Givaudins) (35km)
- Abbaye de La Celle (La Celle) (40km)
- Abbaye Notre Dame de Noirlac et Saint Etienne Prieuré (Bruere-Allichamps) (42km)
- Eglise de Saint-Georges (Saint-Jeanvrin) (43km)
- Collegiale Saint Etienne (Dun-sur-Auron) (44km)
- Jardin du château de Bouges (26km)
- Les Prés Fichaux (34km)
- Jardin du domaine de George Sand (35km)
- Jardins du prieuré Notre-Dame-d'Orsan (38km)
- Les jardins artistiques de Drulon (44km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bourges (34km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Vatan (20km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Chateauroux (28km)
- Veuil (40km)
- Saint-Amand-Montrond (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Issoudun
from Chateauroux (prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 214 km
from Calais: 445 km
from Nice: 548 km
from Bordeaux: 308 km
from Strasbourg: 467 km
Issoudun is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into a Paris airport and drive from there or arrive in a cross-channel port with Le Havre and Caen about 3-4 hours distance in the car. For driving distances to Issoudun from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Issoudun