Hondarribia tourism and travel guide
Visit Hondarribia: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Hondarribia is just across the border in Spain but we included it because its a very nice historic town!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Hondarribia. For detailed visitor information see the Hondarribia travel guide.
Hondarribia is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 115 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Hondarribia is 689 kilometres from Paris).
Hondarribia, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Hondarribia in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Hondarribia
Markets in and near Hondarribia
- Hendaye: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (1km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (7km)
- Ciboure: market Sunday (10km)
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (11km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (18km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (26km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (27km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (29km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (30km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (32km)
More information about Hondarribia, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Hondarribia, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Hondarribia.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (50km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (32km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (29km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Vallée des Aldudes (42km)
- Marais d'Orx (42km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (26km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Hondarribia
from Pau (prefecture): 115 km
from Paris: 689 km
from Calais: 887 km
from Nice: 731 km
from Bordeaux: 191 km
from Strasbourg: 937 km
Hondarribia is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Hondarribia from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Hondarribia