Hendaye tourism and travel guide
Visit Hendaye: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Hendaye, the last resort in France before the Spanish border, also has a popular large sandy beach
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Hendaye. For detailed visitor information see the Hendaye travel guide.
Hendaye is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 114 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Hendaye is 689 kilometres from Paris).
Hendaye, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Hendaye in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Hendaye
Markets in and near Hendaye
Market days in Hendaye: weekly market: Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday;
- Hendaye: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (6km)
- Ciboure: market Sunday (9km)
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (10km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (17km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (25km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (26km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (28km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (29km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (30km)
More information about Hendaye, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Hendaye, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Hendaye.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (28km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (49km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (30km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (28km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Vallée des Aldudes (40km)
- Marais d'Orx (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (25km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Hendaye
from Pau (prefecture): 114 km
from Paris: 689 km
from Calais: 887 km
from Nice: 730 km
from Bordeaux: 190 km
from Strasbourg: 937 km
Hendaye is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Hendaye from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Hendaye