Gayon tourism and travel guide
Visit Gayon: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Gayon is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 26 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Gayon is 628 kilometres from Paris).
Gayon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Gayon in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Gayon
Markets in and near Gayon
- Riscle: market Friday (21km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (22km)
- Plaisance: market Thursday (23km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (26km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (27km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (28km)
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (32km)
- Gan: market Wednesday (33km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (34km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (36km)
More information about Gayon, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Gayon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Gayon.
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (25km)
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
- Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (49km)
- Marshall Foch house (34km)
- Jardins du château de Viven (16km)
- Jardin du château de Momas (22km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (31km)
- Jardin Massey (34km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Grottes de Betharram (43km)
Towns of Art and history
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie (49km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo d'Asson (40km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Gayon
from Pau (prefecture): 26 km
from Paris: 628 km
from Calais: 844 km
from Nice: 599 km
from Bordeaux: 154 km
from Strasbourg: 833 km
Gayon is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Gayon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Arricau-Bordes, Burosse-Mendousse, Cadillon, Escures, Lalongue, Lannecaube, Lembeye, Lespielle, Lussagnet-Lusson, Saint-Jean-Poudge, Samsons-Lion, Semeacq-Blachon, Simacourbe and Vialer.
This page in French: Visiter Gayon