Chassy tourism and travel guide
Visit Chassy: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Chassy is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 17 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Chassy is 134 kilometres from Paris).
Chassy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chassy in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Chassy
Markets in and near Chassy
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (3km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (13km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (16km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (18km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (18km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (21km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (27km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market Wednesday (28km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (30km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (31km)
More information about Chassy, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chassy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chassy.
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (51km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (52km)
- Vezelay (52km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (18km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (20km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (28km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (29km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (44km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (45km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chassy
from Auxerre (prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 134 km
from Calais: 362 km
from Nice: 552 km
from Bordeaux: 450 km
from Strasbourg: 336 km
Chassy is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Chassy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aillant-sur-Tholon, Beauvoir, Egleny, Laduz, Lindry, Merry-la-Vallee, Poilly-sur-Tholon, Saint-Martin-sur-Ocre, Saint-Maurice-le-Vieil and Villiers-sur-Tholon.
This page in French: Visiter Chassy