Champlay tourism and travel guide
Visit Champlay: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Champlay is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 19 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Champlay is 129 kilometres from Paris).
Champlay, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Champlay in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Champlay
Markets in and near Champlay
- Migennes: market Thursday (5km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (5km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (11km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (15km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (19km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (20km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (22km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (26km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (30km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (30km)
More information about Champlay, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Champlay, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Champlay.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (50km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (14km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (13km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (21km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (34km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (38km)
- Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (62km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (20km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (30km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Champlay
from Auxerre (prefecture): 19 km
from Paris: 129 km
from Calais: 353 km
from Nice: 557 km
from Bordeaux: 463 km
from Strasbourg: 326 km
Champlay is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Champlay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bassou, Bonnard, Brion, Charmoy, Chichery, Epineau-les-Voves, Joigny, Laroche-Saint-Cydroine, Looze, Migennes, Neuilly, Paroy-sur-Tholon and Villemer.
This page in French: Visiter Champlay