Bellegarde tourism and travel guide
Visit Bellegarde: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Bellegarde is a small traditional town with an atractive moated castle in the centre
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Bellegarde. For detailed visitor information see the Bellegarde travel guide.
Bellegarde is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 41 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Bellegarde is 97 kilometres from Paris).
Bellegarde, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bellegarde in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Bellegarde
Markets in and near Bellegarde
- Lorris: market Thursday (12km)
- Montargis: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (21km)
- Chateauneuf-sur-Loire: market Friday all day (22km)
- Chalette-sur-Loing: market Friday (22km)
- Puiseaux: market Monday (24km)
- Pithiviers: market Saturday all day (25km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (26km)
- Malesherbes: market Wednesday (34km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (35km)
- Nemours: market Wednesday & Saturday (37km)
More information about Bellegarde, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Bellegarde, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bellegarde.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (7km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (22km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (17km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (29km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (33km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (41km)
- Parc Floral de la Source (41km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orleans (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (1km)
- Fleury-les-Aubrais (39km)
- Saint-Cyr-en-Val (39km)
- Olivet (43km)
- Saint-Jean-de-la-Ruelle (43km)
- Briare (43km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Bellegarde
from Orleans (prefecture): 41 km
from Paris: 97 km
from Calais: 332 km
from Nice: 606 km
from Bordeaux: 420 km
from Strasbourg: 398 km
Bellegarde is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Bellegarde from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Auvilliers-en-Gatinais, Boiscommun, Freville-du-Gatinais, Mezieres-en-Gatinais, Montliard, Nesploy, Ouzouer-sous-Bellegarde, Quiers-sur-Bezonde and Saint-Loup-Des-Vignes.
This page in French: Visiter Bellegarde