Port Navalo, Morbihan visitors guide
Visit Port Navalo, FrancePhoto Gallery
Port Navalo is situated to the west of Arzon on the southern side of the Morbihan Gulf in southern Brittany.
Exploring Port Navalo
Although small, Port Navalo is an attractive place, a traditional Brittany port town with the stone and whitewashed houses typical of the region running along the harbourside and up the hillside. At low tide the harbour looks less attractive, but when the tide comes in it is a pretty places with lots of small fishing boats.
Towards the south of the village there is a nice sandy beach, perhaps a little optimistically described as La Grande Plage but a respectable size all the same, and very popular when we visited.
As is often the case with these small villages you need to explore a little to find the highlight - in the case of Port Navalo it is the coastal path as it passes around the headland. The path is called the Corniche du Phare and starts just below the small lighthouse that dominates the harbour.
The walk offers exceptional views out across the sea and along the rocky coastline - you can see across the Gulf of Morbihan to Locmariaquer and Quiberon. The lighthouse was built in 1891 to replace an existing lighthouse that stood here 50 years earlier.
Although there are a couple of cafes in the harbour area you will find more choices at Port de Crouesty a few kilometres to the south-east of here.
Port Navalo is the quiet traditional neighbour to the bustling port at Port de Crouesty, a more recent development. You are likely to visit both ports as part of your tour of this area.
For some of the other places of interest nearby please see our guide to the Gulf of Morbihan.
Map of Port Navalo and places nearby
Visit near Port Navalo with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Morbihan
Plan your visit to Port Navalo, Morbihan
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Phare de Port-Navalo: site of natural beauty
- Megaliths of Locmariaquer: national monument (4 km)
- Étang de Toulvern: site of natural beauty (5 km)
- Saint-Philibert (Morbihan): site of natural beauty (8 km)
- Golfe du Morbihan: site of natural beauty (10 km)
- Presqu'île de Rhuys: site of natural beauty (11 km)
- Source - Vincin (Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Megalithic site of Carnac: national monument (13 km)
- Carnac: most beautiful village (13 km)
- Maison rose (Séné): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Embouchure - Vincin
(Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (14 km)
- Presqu'île de Conleau: site of natural beauty (14 km)
The French version of this page is at Port Navalo (Francais)