Arzon, Morbihan tourism & sightseeing
Visit Arzon (Brittany, France)
Arzon is a small village situated at the western end of the Rhuys peninsula, on the southern side of the Gulf of Morbihan in Brittany. You might not recognise the name Arzon - in itself it is a quiet village - but the coastal region here is popular because of the two ports associated with Arzon - these are the bustling port of Port de Crouesty to the south and the more traditional Port Navalo a little to the west, at the far end of the peninsula.
There isn't a great deal of 'historical interest' in the village itself, apart from the church that stands at its centre, but take a little stroll when you are passing through - the surrounding streets are pretty, with small traditional whitewashed cottages, and you will also find a few shops including a small supermarket.
Around the village are several small hamlets, and also some prehistoric sites such as the 7000 year old burial mound at Tumiac (the 'tumulus de Tumiac). There is an imposing cairn on the headland at Petit Mont (inside part of which the Germans built a defensive structure called a blockhaus during the second world war).
The prettiest direction out of Arzon heads along the coast towards Port Navalo, the more traditional of the two ports. In the opposite direction, Port Navalo is a livelier, more recently developed port with a pretty walk around the headland and a good selection of cafes etc.
There are also various small beaches in the vicinity of Arzon when the children tire of looking at pretty villages, and lots of picturesque coastal walks!
Map of Arzon and places nearby
Visit near Arzon with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Morbihan
Address: Arzon, Sarzeau, Vannes, Brittany, 56640, France || GPS: latitude 47.546292249, longitude -2.8906059265
Plan your visit to Arzon, Morbihan
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Phare de Port-Navalo: site of natural beauty (2 km)
- Megaliths of Locmariaquer: national monument (5 km)
- Étang de Toulvern: site of natural beauty (6 km)
- Presqu'île de Rhuys: site of natural beauty (9 km)
- Golfe du Morbihan: site of natural beauty (9 km)
- Saint-Philibert (Morbihan): site of natural beauty (9 km)
- Maison rose (Séné): site of natural beauty (12 km)
- Embouchure - Marle: site of natural beauty (12 km)
- Embouchure - Vincin
(Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (12 km)
- Presqu'île de Conleau: site of natural beauty (12 km)
- Source - Vincin (Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Vincin: site of natural beauty (13 km)
Market days in Arzon, France
A seasonal market is held in Arzon on Friday.
A seasonal market is held in Arzon on Tuesday. (Markets are held in the morning unless stated.)
The French version of this page is at Arzon (Francais)