Port de Crouesty, Morbihan visitors guide
Visit Port de Crouesty, FrancePhoto Gallery
Explore Port du Crouesty
France This Way comment: Port du Crouesty centre is mainly of interest to those with boats in the harbour or visitors staying in the Pierre et Vacances holiday centre here. For other visitors, it is the coast path that is the main attration of a visit.
Largely a new development, Port du Crouesty is lined by quite recent houses and apartment blocks, all low-level and quite pleasant. There are also a couple of open pedestrian areas with lots of the type of cafes and shops that you would expect to find in a port town.
The harbour area is very pleasant with a good number of small boats.
Walk along the length of the port and at the far end you come to a little chapel, the Chapel of Crouesty. This charming building was constructed early in the 19th century on the site of several earlier chapels at the same location - apparently none of the chapels are able to withstand the weather here for very long!
Be sure to keep walking as the path that follows around the end of the headland, called the Site du Petit Mont d'Arzon, is a protected area with lovely views along the coast, and the highlight in Port de Crouesty. There is also a prehistoric mound listed as a National Monument on top of the Mont. The path is about 2.5 kilometres long.
Attractions close by
A more traditional harbour can be seen at nearby Port-Navalo, and an extensive port is found at Locmariaquer. Other popular trips from Port du Crouesty include visits to the islands in the Gulf of Morbihan, and to see the famous megalithic standing stones of Carnac.
Map of Port de Crouesty and places nearby
Visit near Port de Crouesty with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Morbihan
Plan your visit to Port de Crouesty, Morbihan
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Phare de Port-Navalo: site of natural beauty
- Megaliths of Locmariaquer: national monument (5 km)
- Étang de Toulvern: site of natural beauty (6 km)
- Presqu'île de Rhuys: site of natural beauty (9 km)
- Saint-Philibert (Morbihan): site of natural beauty (9 km)
- Golfe du Morbihan: site of natural beauty (10 km)
- Maison rose (Séné): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Embouchure - Marle: site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Presqu'île de Conleau: site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Embouchure - Vincin
(Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Source - Vincin (Rivière de Conleau): site of natural beauty (13 km)
- Vincin: site of natural beauty (14 km)
Market days in Port de Crouesty, France
A seasonal market is held in Port de Crouesty on Friday.
A seasonal market is held in Port de Crouesty on Tuesday. (Markets are held in the morning unless stated.)
The French version of this page is at Port de Crouesty (Francais)