Verlin tourism and travel guide
Visit Verlin: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Verlin is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 35 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Verlin is 114 kilometres from Paris).
Verlin, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Verlin in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Verlin
Markets in and near Verlin
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (5km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (9km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (13km)
- Courtenay: market Thursday (13km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (18km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (21km)
- Saint-Valerien: market Saturday (21km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (21km)
- Pont-sur-Yonne: market Wednesday & Sunday (30km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (32km)
More information about Verlin, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Verlin, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Verlin.
- Fontainebleau Palace (58km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (30km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (38km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (21km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (33km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (41km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (45km)
- Domaine national de Fontainebleau (58km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (36km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Verlin
from Auxerre (prefecture): 35 km
from Paris: 114 km
from Calais: 341 km
from Nice: 572 km
from Bordeaux: 458 km
from Strasbourg: 340 km
Verlin is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Verlin from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 7 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bussy-le-Repos, Cudot, La Celle-Saint-Cyr, Precy-sur-Vrin, Saint-Julien-du-Sault, Saint-Loup-d'Ordon and Saint-Martin-d'Ordon.
This page in French: Visiter Verlin