Vareilles tourism and travel guide
Visit Vareilles: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Vareilles is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 43 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Vareilles is 112 kilometres from Paris).
Vareilles, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Vareilles in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Vareilles
Markets in and near Vareilles
- Villeneuve-l'Archeveque: market Saturday (10km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (14km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (17km)
- Aix-en-Othe: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (21km)
- Palis: market Thursday (22km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (22km)
- Pont-sur-Yonne: market Wednesday & Sunday (23km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (24km)
- Estissac: market Sunday (27km)
More information about Vareilles, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Vareilles, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Vareilles.
- Chateau de Motte-Tilly (32km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (32km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (35km)
- Eglises de Saint Loup (Saint-Loup-de-Naud) (44km)
- Collegiale Saint Quiriace (Provins) (45km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (14km)
- Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (38km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (45km)
- Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (45km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (43km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (14km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Vareilles
from Auxerre (prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 112 km
from Calais: 329 km
from Nice: 578 km
from Bordeaux: 483 km
from Strasbourg: 319 km
Vareilles is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Vareilles from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cerisiers, Chigy, Foissy-sur-Vanne, Les Clerimois, Les Sieges, Noe, Pont-sur-Vanne, Theil-sur-Vanne, Vaumort and Villiers-Louis.
This page in French: Visiter Vareilles