Chigy tourism and travel guide
Visit Chigy: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Chigy is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 45 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Chigy is 110 kilometres from Paris).
Chigy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chigy in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Chigy
Markets in and near Chigy
- Villeneuve-l'Archeveque: market Saturday (8km)
- Sens: market Wednesday & Monday all day & Friday (14km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (19km)
- Aix-en-Othe: market Wednesday & Saturday (19km)
- Palis: market Thursday (20km)
- Pont-sur-Yonne: market Wednesday & Sunday (23km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (23km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (25km)
- Estissac: market Sunday (26km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (26km)
More information about Chigy, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chigy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chigy.
- Chateau de Motte-Tilly (30km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (34km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (37km)
- Eglises de Saint Loup (Saint-Loup-de-Naud) (42km)
- Collegiale Saint Quiriace (Provins) (42km)
- Parc du château de Thorigny (12km)
- Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (35km)
- Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (44km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (47km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (14km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chigy
from Auxerre (prefecture): 45 km
from Paris: 110 km
from Calais: 327 km
from Nice: 579 km
from Bordeaux: 486 km
from Strasbourg: 318 km
Chigy is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Chigy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Foissy-sur-Vanne, Lailly, Les Clerimois, Les Sieges, Molinons, Noe, Pont-sur-Vanne, Theil-sur-Vanne, Vareilles, Vaumort and Villiers-Louis.
This page in French: Visiter Chigy