Tournemire tourism and travel guide
Visit Tournemire: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The very picturesque village of Tournemire is overlooked by the Chateau de Anjony
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Tournemire. For detailed visitor information see the Tournemire travel guide.
Tournemire is situated in the Cantal department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the southern-centre of France at 15 kilometres from Aurillac, the department capital (general information: Tournemire is 423 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Tournemire include "most beautiful village".
Tournemire, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Tournemire in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cantal
Map of places to visit near Tournemire
Markets in and near Tournemire
- Aurillac: market Wednesday & Saturday (16km)
- Mauriac: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (22km)
- Laroquebrou: market Friday - seasonal market only (25km)
- Mur-de-Barrez: market Thursday (27km)
- Sainte-Genevieve-sur-Argence: market Wednesday & Wednesday (35km)
- Valuejols: market Tuesday (35km)
- Bort-les-Orgues: market Tuesday & Saturday (38km)
- Marcenat: market Friday - seasonal market only (39km)
- Maurs: market Thursday (44km)
- Chaudes-Aigues: market Thursday & Monday (47km)
More information about Tournemire, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Tournemire, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tournemire.
Grand sites of France
- Puy Mary (16km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Salers (9km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Riom-es-Montagnes (29km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Volcans d'Auvergne (44km)
- Verger de Déduit (17km)
- Parc-arboretum de Neuvic d'Ussel (40km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cascade de Liadouze (15km)
- Puy Griou (18km)
- Plomb du Cantal (22km)
- Signal du Luguet (50km)
Towns of Art and history
- Salins (17km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Tournemire
from Aurillac (prefecture): 15 km
from Paris: 423 km
from Calais: 657 km
from Nice: 409 km
from Bordeaux: 242 km
from Strasbourg: 561 km
For driving distances to Tournemire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Tournemire