Toulouse tourism and travel guide
Visit Toulouse: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Toulouse, with its famous red-brick architecture, is one of the most impressive cities in the south of France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Toulouse. For detailed visitor information see the Toulouse travel guide.
Toulouse is situated in the Haute-Garonne department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Haute-Garonne department (general information: Toulouse is 588 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Toulouse include "town of art and history" and "secteur sauvegarde".
Toulouse, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Toulouse in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Garonne
Map of places to visit near Toulouse
Markets in and near Toulouse
Market days in Toulouse: weekly market: Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday;
- Toulouse: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Blagnac: market Saturday (5km)
- Ramonville-Saint-Agne: market Wednesday & Saturday (7km)
- Tournefeuille: market Sunday (8km)
- Colomiers: market Thursday & Saturday (9km)
- Saint-Orens-de-Gameville: market Saturday (9km)
- Castanet-Tolosan: market Tuesday (11km)
- Cugnaux: market Saturday (11km)
- Plaisance-du-Touch: market Thursday & Saturday (13km)
- Pibrac: market Wednesday (13km)
More information about Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Toulouse, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Toulouse.
- Toulouse basilique St Sernin (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Toulouse Hotel-Dieu St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (1km)
- Canal du Midi (2km)
- Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Gaillac (49km)
- Jardin japonais de Toulouse (0km)
- Jardin Royal de Toulouse (1km)
- Parc du château de Merville (18km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Larra (23km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Loubens (28km)
- Jardin des Martels (32km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt de Bouconne (18km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Toulouse
from Toulouse (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 588 km
from Calais: 817 km
from Nice: 469 km
from Bordeaux: 211 km
from Strasbourg: 736 km
For driving distances to Toulouse from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Toulouse