Saint-Hilaire tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Hilaire: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Saint-Hilaire is a pleasant village that is dominated by the lovely Abbey of Saint-Hilaire, built in the 13th-14th century
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Saint-Hilaire. For detailed visitor information see the Saint-Hilaire travel guide.
Saint-Hilaire is situated in the Aude department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 13 kilometres from Carcassonne, the department capital (general information: Saint-Hilaire is 640 kilometres from Paris).
Saint-Hilaire, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Hilaire in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aude
Map of places to visit near Saint-Hilaire
Markets in and near Saint-Hilaire
- Limoux: market Friday all day (9km)
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (13km)
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (19km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (23km)
- Quillan: market Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (35km)
- Belesta: market Tuesday & Thursday (37km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (38km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market Wednesday (38km)
- Olonzac: market Tuesday (40km)
More information about Saint-Hilaire, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Saint-Hilaire, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Hilaire.
Grand sites of France
- Carcassonne City (13km)
- Carcassonne (13km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cité de Carcassonne (13km)
- Gorges de l'Orbieu (19km)
- Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (30km)
- Gouffre de Cabrespine (32km)
- Gorges de Galamus (32km)
- Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (37km)
- Grotte de la Devèze (53km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Hilaire
from Carcassonne (prefecture): 13 km
from Paris: 640 km
from Calais: 874 km
from Nice: 406 km
from Bordeaux: 301 km
from Strasbourg: 741 km
For driving distances to Saint-Hilaire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cepie, Gardie, Greffeil, Ladern-sur-Lauquet, Leuc, Montclar, Pomas, Preixan, Rouffiac-d'Aude, Verzeille, Villar-Saint-Anselme, Villebazy and Villefloure.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Hilaire