Rix tourism and travel guide
Visit Rix: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Rix is situated in the Nievre department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 55 kilometres from Nevers, the department capital (general information: Rix is 180 kilometres from Paris).
Rix, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Rix in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Nievre
Map of places to visit near Rix
Markets in and near Rix
- Clamecy: market Saturday (4km)
- Corbigny: market Friday (24km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market Wednesday (31km)
- Vermenton: market Friday (31km)
- Avallon: market Saturday (32km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (37km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (40km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (41km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (43km)
- Montsauche-les-Settons: market Thursday all day (46km)
More information about Rix, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Rix, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Rix.
- Vezelay (19km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (20km)
- Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (46km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (48km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Prieuré de Saint Révérien (Saint-Reverien) (24km)
- Eglise de Saint Barthélémy (Cervon) (29km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (30km)
- Parc et jardin du château du Chatillon en Bazois (44km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Pougues-les-Eaux (50km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Rix
from Nevers (prefecture): 55 km
from Paris: 180 km
from Calais: 409 km
from Nice: 508 km
from Bordeaux: 426 km
from Strasbourg: 341 km
Rix is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car or drive from a channel ferry port, operhaps Calais or Dunkirk at about 5 - 6 hours. For driving distances to Rix from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Armes, Breugnon, Chevroches, Clamecy, Oisy, Ouagne, Saint-Germain-Des-Bois, Saint-Pierre-du-Mont, Villiers-le-Sec and Villiers-sur-Yonne.
This page in French: Visiter Rix