Clamecy tourism and travel guide
Visit Clamecy: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The Collegiale Saint-Martin is the principal monument here in the historic centre of Clamecy
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Clamecy. For detailed visitor information see the Clamecy travel guide.
Clamecy is situated in the Nievre department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 59 kilometres from Nevers, the department capital (general information: Clamecy is 178 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Clamecy include "secteur sauvegarde".
Clamecy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Clamecy in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Nievre
Map of places to visit near Clamecy
Markets in and near Clamecy
Market days in Clamecy: weekly market: Saturday;
- Clamecy: market Saturday (0km)
- Corbigny: market Friday (26km)
- Vermenton: market Friday (28km)
- Avallon: market Saturday (30km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market Wednesday (30km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (35km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (37km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (39km)
- Chablis: market Sunday (45km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (45km)
More information about Clamecy, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Clamecy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Clamecy.
- Vezelay (17km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (17km)
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (18km)
- Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (49km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (44km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Morvan (48km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Prieuré de Saint Révérien (Saint-Reverien) (28km)
- Eglise de Saint Barthélémy (Cervon) (30km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (33km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (37km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Pougues-les-Eaux (53km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Clamecy
from Nevers (prefecture): 59 km
from Paris: 178 km
from Calais: 406 km
from Nice: 509 km
from Bordeaux: 430 km
from Strasbourg: 338 km
Clamecy is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car or drive from a channel ferry port, operhaps Calais or Dunkirk at about 5 - 6 hours. For driving distances to Clamecy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Clamecy