Nancay tourism and travel guide
Visit Nancay: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Nancay is situated in the Cher department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the center of France at 33 kilometres from Bourges, the department capital (general information: Nancay is 168 kilometres from Paris).
Nancay, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Nancay in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cher
Map of places to visit near Nancay
Markets in and near Nancay
- Salbris: market Thursday & Saturday (14km)
- Vierzon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday (17km)
- Mehun-sur-Yevre: market Wednesday (23km)
- Chatres-sur-Cher: market Tuesday (24km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market Saturday all day (24km)
- Nouan-le-Fuzelier: market Wednesday (24km)
- Henrichemont: market Wednesday (25km)
- Mennetou-sur-Cher: market Thursday (26km)
- Langon: market Friday (29km)
- Lamotte-Beuvron: market Friday (32km)
More information about Nancay, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Nancay, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Nancay.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Mehun-sur-Yevre (23km)
Churches and religious monuments
- St Aignan de Brinay (Brinay) (20km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Plaimpied-Givaudins) (44km)
- Eglise de Saint André (Jussy-Champagne) (53km)
- Les Prés Fichaux (33km)
- Jardin du château de Bouges (52km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bourges (33km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Vatan (42km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Nancay
from Bourges (prefecture): 33 km
from Paris: 168 km
from Calais: 401 km
from Nice: 566 km
from Bordeaux: 352 km
from Strasbourg: 436 km
Nancay is in the center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris and rent a car or drive from one of the channel ports such as Caen or Le Havre, a drive af about 2-3 hours. For driving distances to Nancay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Neuvy-sur-Barangeon.
This page in French: Visiter Nancay