Munster tourism and travel guide
Visit Munster: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Munster is situated in the Moselle department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 58 kilometres from Metz, the department capital (general information: Munster is 333 kilometres from Paris).
Munster, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Munster in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Munster
Markets in and near Munster
- Sarralbe: market Thursday (13km)
- Dieuze: market Friday (18km)
- Drulingen: market Saturday (21km)
- Farebersviller: market Wednesday (22km)
- Sarrebourg: market Tuesday & Friday (23km)
- Saint-Avold: market Friday (25km)
- Sarreguemines: market Tuesday & Friday (25km)
- Faulquemont: market Thursday (26km)
- Freyming-Merlebach: market Thursday (26km)
- Behren-les-Forbach: market Saturday (29km)
More information about Munster, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Munster, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Munster.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Bitche (41km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Vosges-du-Nord (31km)
- Jardin botanique du col de Saverne (39km)
- Parc du château de Pange (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lindre (17km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sarreguemines (25km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc animalier de Sainte-Croix (16km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Munster
from Metz (prefecture): 58 km
from Paris: 333 km
from Calais: 426 km
from Nice: 580 km
from Bordeaux: 727 km
from Strasbourg: 72 km
For driving distances to Munster from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Albestroff, Altwiller, Givrycourt, Guinzeling, Hazembourg, Honskirch, Insming, Insviller, Kirviller, Lhor, Nelling, Rening, Torcheville, Vibersviller and Vittersbourg.
This page in French: Visiter Munster