Montlucon tourism and travel guide
Visit Montlucon: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Periods of prosperity in the 12th, 15th and 19th centuries have each contributed monuments and buildings to the centre of Montlucon
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montlucon. For detailed visitor information see the Montlucon travel guide.
Montlucon is situated in the Allier department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the south of France at 61 kilometres from Moulins, the department capital (general information: Montlucon is 280 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Montlucon include "town of art and history".
Montlucon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montlucon in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Allier
Map of places to visit near Montlucon
Markets in and near Montlucon
Market days in Montlucon: weekly market: Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day;
- Montlucon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day (0km)
- Domerat: market Friday (6km)
- Neris-les-Bains: market Thursday & Sunday (7km)
- Commentry: market Friday (12km)
- Cosne-d'Allier: market Tuesday (23km)
- Saint-Eloy-les-Mines: market Saturday (26km)
- Pionsat: market Friday (26km)
- Montmarault: market Wednesday (27km)
- Boussac: market Thursday (30km)
- Auzances: market Tuesday (36km)
More information about Montlucon, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Montlucon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montlucon.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Charroux (46km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Neris-les-Bains (7km)
- Aubusson (54km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint-Georges (Saint-Jeanvrin) (40km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Ygrande) (44km)
- Eglise de Saint Georges (Bourbon-l'Archambault) (44km)
- Jardins du château d'Ainay-le-Vieil (22km)
- Les jardins artistiques de Drulon (39km)
- Jardins du prieuré Notre-Dame-d'Orsan (45km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Pierres Jaumetres (31km)
- Forêt des Colettes (33km)
- Foret de Troncais (35km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Montmarault (27km)
- Gouzon (33km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Amand-Montrond (44km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montlucon
from Moulins (prefecture): 61 km
from Paris: 280 km
from Calais: 516 km
from Nice: 469 km
from Bordeaux: 299 km
from Strasbourg: 460 km
For driving distances to Montlucon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Montlucon