Mont-de-Marsan tourism and travel guide
Visit Mont-de-Marsan: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Not usually thought of as a tourist destination, Mont-de-Marsan has some interesting monuments and attractive river scenery and merits a visit when you are in the region
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Mont-de-Marsan. For detailed visitor information see the Mont-de-Marsan travel guide.
Mont-de-Marsan is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Landes department (general information: Mont-de-Marsan is 594 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Mont-de-Marsan include "ville fleurie 4*".
Mont-de-Marsan, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Mont-de-Marsan in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Mont-de-Marsan
Markets in and near Mont-de-Marsan
Market days in Mont-de-Marsan: weekly market: Tuesday all day & Saturday;
- Mont-de-Marsan: market Tuesday all day & Saturday (0km)
- Roquefort: market Saturday (22km)
- Tartas: market Saturday (25km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (27km)
- Morcenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (37km)
- Amou: market Sunday (38km)
- Riscle: market Friday (43km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (47km)
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (48km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (50km)
More information about Mont-de-Marsan, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Mont-de-Marsan, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mont-de-Marsan.
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (16km)
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (60km)
- Palmeraie du Sarthou (47km)
- Parc du Sarrat (49km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Hagetmau (27km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Mont-de-Marsan
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 594 km
from Calais: 805 km
from Nice: 624 km
from Bordeaux: 105 km
from Strasbourg: 821 km
Mont-de-Marsan is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Mont-de-Marsan from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Mont-de-Marsan