Monesties tourism and travel guide
Visit Monesties: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: There is much more to discover in Monesties than you would expect in such a small village, such as a Mise au Tombeau in the chapel and an ancient hump-backed bridge
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Monesties. For detailed visitor information see the Monesties travel guide.
Monesties is situated in the Tarn department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 16 kilometres from Albi, the department capital (general information: Monesties is 532 kilometres from Paris).
Monesties, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Monesties in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn
Map of places to visit near Monesties
Markets in and near Monesties
- Carmaux: market Friday (6km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (11km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (16km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (17km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (19km)
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (25km)
- Rieupeyroux: market Sunday - seasonal market only (28km)
- Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val: market Sunday (29km)
- Villefranche-de-Rouergue: market Thursday (31km)
More information about Monesties, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Monesties, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Monesties.
- Episcopal City, Albi (16km)
- Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (25km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (43km)
- Jardin de Paradis (11km)
- Parc Rochegude (16km)
- Jardin du palais de la Berbie (16km)
- Jardins de Quercy (22km)
- Jardin des Martels (43km)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (53km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Albi (17km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de l'Aveyron (20km)
- Tindoul de la Vayssière (56km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cayriech (42km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Monesties
from Albi (prefecture): 16 km
from Paris: 532 km
from Calais: 765 km
from Nice: 416 km
from Bordeaux: 229 km
from Strasbourg: 663 km
For driving distances to Monesties from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Almayrac, Blaye-les-Mines, Carmaux, Combefa, Labastide-Gabausse, Laparrouquial, Le Segur, Milhavet, Salles, Trevien and Virac.
This page in French: Visiter Monesties