La Bastide-Clairence tourism and travel guide
Visit La Bastide-Clairence: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Labastide-Clairence is another of the most picturesque villages in the Basque region
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near La Bastide-Clairence. For detailed visitor information see the La Bastide-Clairence travel guide.
La Bastide-Clairence is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 73 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: La Bastide-Clairence is 664 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for La Bastide-Clairence include "most beautiful village".
La Bastide-Clairence, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to La Bastide-Clairence in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near La Bastide-Clairence
Markets in and near La Bastide-Clairence
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (14km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (17km)
- Peyrehorade: market Wednesday & Saturday (17km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (19km)
- Saint-Palais: market Friday (21km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (22km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (22km)
- Labenne: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (23km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (26km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (27km)
More information about La Bastide-Clairence, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near La Bastide-Clairence, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Bastide-Clairence.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (20km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (14km)
- Parc du Sarrat (35km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (19km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (22km)
- Vallée des Aldudes (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (22km)
Geography and distances
Distance to La Bastide-Clairence
from Pau (prefecture): 73 km
from Paris: 664 km
from Calais: 868 km
from Nice: 687 km
from Bordeaux: 166 km
from Strasbourg: 900 km
La Bastide-Clairence is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to La Bastide-Clairence from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter La Bastide-Clairence