Irancy tourism and travel guide
Visit Irancy: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Irancy is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 12 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Irancy is 160 kilometres from Paris).
Irancy, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Irancy in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Irancy
Markets in and near Irancy
- Vermenton: market Friday (8km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (11km)
- Chablis: market Sunday (15km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (28km)
- Tonnerre: market Saturday (28km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (30km)
- Clamecy: market Saturday (30km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (30km)
- Avallon: market Saturday (31km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (33km)
More information about Irancy, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Irancy, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Irancy.
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (26km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (28km)
- Vezelay (28km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (25km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (43km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (22km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (22km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (57km)
- Jardin du moulin de Athie (47km)
- Jardin du prieuré (53km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Geography and distances
Distance to Irancy
from Auxerre (prefecture): 12 km
from Paris: 160 km
from Calais: 383 km
from Nice: 526 km
from Bordeaux: 456 km
from Strasbourg: 318 km
Irancy is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Irancy from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Accolay, Augy, Champs-sur-Yonne, Chitry, Cravant, Escolives-Sainte-Camille, Saint-Bris-le-Vineux, Saint-Cyr-les-Colons, Val-de-Mercy, Vermenton, Vincelles and Vincelottes.
This page in French: Visiter Irancy