Herm tourism and travel guide
Visit Herm: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Herm is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 53 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Herm is 622 kilometres from Paris).
Herm, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Herm in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Herm
Markets in and near Herm
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (12km)
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (13km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (15km)
- Leon: market every day (15km)
- Soustons: market Monday & Thursday - seasonal market only (16km)
- Moliets-et-Maa: market Tuesday (18km)
- Messanges: market Wednesday (19km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (21km)
- Seignosse: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday (23km)
- Lit-et-Mixe: market Thursday (26km)
More information about Herm, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Herm, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Herm.
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- Mimizan clocher-porche (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- La Bastide-Clairence (43km)
- Parc du Sarrat (13km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Courant de Huchet (18km)
- Marais d'Orx (30km)
- Courant de Contis (35km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Herm
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 53 km
from Paris: 622 km
from Calais: 825 km
from Nice: 675 km
from Bordeaux: 123 km
from Strasbourg: 865 km
Herm is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Herm from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Magescq.
This page in French: Visiter Herm