Gy-l'Eveque tourism and travel guide
Visit Gy-l'Eveque: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Gy-l'Eveque is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 9 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Gy-l'Eveque is 154 kilometres from Paris).
Gy-l'Eveque, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Gy-l'Eveque in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Gy-l'Eveque
Markets in and near Gy-l'Eveque
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (9km)
- Vermenton: market Friday (16km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (19km)
- Chablis: market Sunday (22km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (23km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (27km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market Wednesday (29km)
- Clamecy: market Saturday (29km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (31km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (34km)
More information about Gy-l'Eveque, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Gy-l'Eveque, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Gy-l'Eveque.
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Vezelay (32km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (34km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (38km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (21km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (25km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (51km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (49km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Geography and distances
Distance to Gy-l'Eveque
from Auxerre (prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 154 km
from Calais: 380 km
from Nice: 532 km
from Bordeaux: 450 km
from Strasbourg: 326 km
Gy-l'Eveque is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Gy-l'Eveque from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Augy, Champs-sur-Yonne, Chevannes, Coulangeron, Coulanges-la-Vineuse, Escamps, Escolives-Sainte-Camille, Jussy, Mige, Val-de-Mercy and Vallan.
This page in French: Visiter Gy-l'Eveque