Estaing tourism and travel guide
Visit Estaing: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: This pretty village in the Aubrac region has several monuments of note, including the Chateau d'Estaing
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Estaing. For detailed visitor information see the Estaing travel guide.
Estaing is situated in the Aveyron department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the southern-centre of France at 24 kilometres from Rodez, the department capital (general information: Estaing is 479 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Estaing include "most beautiful village".
Estaing, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Estaing in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aveyron
Map of places to visit near Estaing
Markets in and near Estaing
- Espalion: market Friday (8km)
- Entraygues: market Tuesday & Wednesday - seasonal market only (13km)
- Entraygues: market Friday & (13km)
- Laissac: market Tuesday (23km)
- Rodez: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Sainte-Genevieve-sur-Argence: market Wednesday & Wednesday (28km)
- Firmi: market Saturday (29km)
- Cransac: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (31km)
- Mur-de-Barrez: market Thursday (32km)
- Decazeville: market Tuesday & Friday (33km)
More information about Estaing, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Estaing, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Estaing.
- Estaing pont sur le Lot (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (8km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (20km)
- Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (22km)
- Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (23km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (18km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Trou de Bozouls (10km)
- Tindoul de la Vayssière (15km)
- Cascade du Déroc (33km)
Towns of Art and history
- Sauveterre-de-Rouergue (46km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- La Canourgue (45km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc à loups du Gévaudan (wolves) (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Estaing
from Rodez (prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 479 km
from Calais: 714 km
from Nice: 379 km
from Bordeaux: 259 km
from Strasbourg: 593 km
For driving distances to Estaing from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Estaing