Concarneau tourism and travel guide
Visit Concarneau: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Now listed as a town of art and history, you will find lots of interesting monuments in Concarneau
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Concarneau. For detailed visitor information see the Concarneau travel guide.
Concarneau is situated in the Finistere department and Brittany region, in the north-west of France at 19 kilometres from Quimper, the department capital (general information: Concarneau is 476 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Concarneau include "town of art and history".
Concarneau, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Concarneau in Brittany.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Finistere
Map of places to visit near Concarneau
Markets in and near Concarneau
Market days in Concarneau: weekly market: Monday & Friday;
- Concarneau: market Monday & Friday (0km)
- Fouesnant: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (8km)
- Fouesnant: market Friday (8km)
- Nevez: market Saturday (11km)
- Rosporden: market Thursday (11km)
- Pont-Aven: market Tuesday (13km)
- Benodet: market Monday (13km)
- Combrit: market Wednesday (18km)
- Quimper: market Wednesday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day (19km)
- Loctudy: market Tuesday (20km)
More information about Concarneau, Brittany
Tourist attractions near Concarneau, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Concarneau.
Enclos paroissial churches
- Pleyben (39km)
- Argol (51km)
Grand sites of France
- Massif Dunaire de Gavres-Quiberon (47km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Locronan (33km)
- Parc botanique de Cornouaille (18km)
- Jardin du prieuré de Locmaria (19km)
- Jardin du château de Lanniron (19km)
- Parc du château de Trévarez (32km)
- Parc Victor Chevassu (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais de Mousterlin (8km)
- Archipel des Glénan (18km)
- Menez-Hom (45km)
Towns of Art and history
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Zoo de Pont-Scorff (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Concarneau
from Quimper (prefecture): 19 km
from Paris: 476 km
from Calais: 539 km
from Nice: 982 km
from Bordeaux: 424 km
from Strasbourg: 867 km
Concarneau is in the north-west of France. Most visitors Most UK visitors arrive by car from one of the many cross-channel ports along the Brittany and Normandy coast. These are typically within 2 hours drive. For driving distances to Concarneau from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Concarneau