Chablis tourism and travel guide
Visit Chablis: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Best known for the very famous wines of the same name, Chablis is also a pleasant village to explore with plenty of opportunities for wine-tasting
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Chablis. For detailed visitor information see the Chablis travel guide.
Chablis is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 17 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Chablis is 158 kilometres from Paris).
Chablis, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chablis in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Chablis
Markets in and near Chablis
Market days in Chablis: weekly market: Sunday;
- Chablis: market Sunday (0km)
- Tonnerre: market Saturday (14km)
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (17km)
- Vermenton: market Friday (18km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (21km)
- Ervy-le-Chatel: market Friday (26km)
- Ancy-le-Franc: market Thursday (27km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (27km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (34km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (35km)
More information about Chablis, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chablis, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chablis.
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
- Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
- Vezelay (39km)
- Fontenay Abbey (48km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (20km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (45km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (12km)
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (18km)
- Abbaye de Fontenay (Montbard) (45km)
- Jardin du prieuré (38km)
- Jardin du moulin de Athie (44km)
- Abbaye de Fontenay (48km)
- Potager du château de Lantilly (53km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (57km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chablis
from Auxerre (prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 158 km
from Calais: 376 km
from Nice: 530 km
from Bordeaux: 472 km
from Strasbourg: 305 km
Chablis is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Chablis from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beine, Chemilly-sur-Serein, Chichee, Collan, Courgis, Fleys, Fontenay-Pres-Chablis, La Chapelle-Vaupelteigne, Lignorelles, Maligny and Villy.
This page in French: Visiter Chablis