Bures tourism and travel guide
Visit Bures: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Bures is situated in the Orne department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 27 kilometres from Alencon, the department capital (general information: Bures is 147 kilometres from Paris).
Bures, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bures in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Orne
Map of places to visit near Bures
Markets in and near Bures
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (7km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (12km)
- Sees: market Saturday (17km)
- Tourouvre: market Friday (19km)
- Mamers: market Monday (24km)
- Longny-Au-Perche: market Wednesday (26km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (28km)
- Vitrai-sous-Laigle: market Tuesday (28km)
- Remalard: market Monday (31km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (37km)
More information about Bures, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Bures, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bures.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (39km)
- Carrouges Chateau (41km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Perche (34km)
- Sassy (31km)
- Jardin de la petite Rochelle (31km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt de Perseigne (21km)
- Forêt d'Écouves (25km)
- Signal d'Écouves (27km)
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (42km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Tourouvre (19km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Bures
from Alencon (prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 147 km
from Calais: 285 km
from Nice: 756 km
from Bordeaux: 421 km
from Strasbourg: 541 km
Bures is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Bures from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bazoches-sur-Hoene, Boece, Bure, Champeaux-sur-Sarthe, Coulonges-sur-Sarthe, La Mesniere, Laleu, Le Mele-sur-Sarthe, Le Plantis, Montchevrel, Saint-Agnan-sur-Sarthe, Saint-Aubin-d'Appenai, Saint-Aubin-de-Courteraie, Saint-Germain-de-Martigny and Sainte-Scolasse-sur-Sarthe.
This page in French: Visiter Bures