Appoigny tourism and travel guide
Visit Appoigny: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Appoigny is situated in the Yonne department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 9 kilometres from Auxerre, the department capital (general information: Appoigny is 140 kilometres from Paris).
Appoigny, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Appoigny in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Yonne
Map of places to visit near Appoigny
Markets in and near Appoigny
- Auxerre: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (9km)
- Migennes: market Thursday (10km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market Tuesday (13km)
- Joigny: market Wednesday & Saturday (16km)
- Saint-Florentin: market Monday (21km)
- Chablis: market Sunday (21km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (23km)
- Saint-Julien-du-Sault: market Sunday (25km)
- Vermenton: market Friday (28km)
- Villeneuve-sur-Yonne: market Tuesday & Friday (29km)
More information about Appoigny, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Appoigny, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Appoigny.
- Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (47km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Noyers-sur-Serein (40km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Joigny (24km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (7km)
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (15km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (41km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Auxerre (9km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sens (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Appoigny
from Auxerre (prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 140 km
from Calais: 363 km
from Nice: 547 km
from Bordeaux: 461 km
from Strasbourg: 323 km
Appoigny is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Appoigny from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bassou, Beaumont, Branches, Chemilly-sur-Yonne, Chichery, Fleury-la-Vallee, Gurgy, Hauterive, Moneteau, Seignelay and Villemer.
This page in French: Visiter Appoigny