Ainhoa tourism and travel guide
Visit Ainhoa: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Betwen sea and mountains, the basque village of Ainhoa is listed among the most beautiful villages in France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Ainhoa. For detailed visitor information see the Ainhoa travel guide.
Ainhoa is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 91 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Ainhoa is 685 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Ainhoa include "most beautiful village".
Ainhoa, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Ainhoa in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Ainhoa
Markets in and near Ainhoa
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (10km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (11km)
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (16km)
- Ciboure: market Sunday (16km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (17km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (17km)
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (20km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (21km)
- Hendaye: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (24km)
More information about Ainhoa, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Ainhoa, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Ainhoa.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (21km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (27km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (10km)
- Parc du Sarrat (57km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (21km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Vallée des Aldudes (23km)
- Marais d'Orx (34km)
- Forêt d'Iraty (48km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (20km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Ainhoa
from Pau (prefecture): 91 km
from Paris: 685 km
from Calais: 887 km
from Nice: 708 km
from Bordeaux: 186 km
from Strasbourg: 924 km
Ainhoa is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Ainhoa from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Ainhoa