Montolieu tourism and travel guide
Visit Montolieu: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Built on the edge of a deep ravine, Montolieu is well known as a centre for historic books and book production
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Montolieu. For detailed visitor information see the Montolieu travel guide.
Montolieu is situated in the Aude department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 16 kilometres from Carcassonne, the department capital (general information: Montolieu is 617 kilometres from Paris).
Montolieu, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Montolieu in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aude
Map of places to visit near Montolieu
Markets in and near Montolieu
- Bram: market Wednesday (11km)
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (16km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (21km)
- Revel: market Saturday (23km)
- Mazamet: market Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday (24km)
- Labruguiere: market Friday (26km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (29km)
- Puylaurens: market Wednesday (33km)
- Castres: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (34km)
- Mirepoix: market Thursday & Monday (37km)
More information about Montolieu, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Montolieu, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montolieu.
Grand sites of France
- Carcassonne City (17km)
- Carcassonne (16km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Haut-Languedoc (46km)
- Jardin de l'Évêché (33km)
- Parc aux Bambous (42km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Loubens (45km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cité de Carcassonne (17km)
- Gouffre de Cabrespine (20km)
- Gorges de l'Orbieu (43km)
- Grotte de la Devèze (44km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Montolieu
from Carcassonne (prefecture): 16 km
from Paris: 617 km
from Calais: 850 km
from Nice: 410 km
from Bordeaux: 280 km
from Strasbourg: 725 km
For driving distances to Montolieu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Brousses-et-Villaret, Fraisse-Cabardes, Moussoulens, Raissac-sur-Lampy, Saint-Denis, Saint-Martin-le-Vieil, Saissac and Ventenac-Cabardes.
This page in French: Visiter Montolieu